Monday, January 25, 2010

Fast Weekend...

The weekend went by ridiculously fast, don't you think? It seems like I just left work, and here I am - right back at my desk. sigh. Oh well. Did y'all have a good weekend? Do anything fun? I really didn't get much done - certainly didn't get everything crossed off my list that I intended to. Here's the highlights as it were...

  • Friday night... what did we do that night? I can't even remember... that's how exciting that was! ;) Sat around, had a beer... watched TV.
  • Saturday, I ran around all afternoon. Took the kids to open up savings accounts (FINALLY), and ran to the store to spend some of the Christmas money. Tough decisions spending that Christmas money - too long at the store. Lil girl went off to a slumber birthday party that night and we stayed home and watched movies. We watched Knowing and The Invention of Lying. I liked them both.
  • Funny story from the bank: While we were sitting there waiting on the lady to enter all of the kids info into the system, I had lil girl on my lap and I was looking in my wallet for their social security cards. I pulled them out and handed them to the lady, and then I noticed a folded up piece of notebook paper in my wallet - not sure what that could be, I opened that up and found Lauren's "toothfairy note" - AUGH! I quickly refolded it and stuck it back in my wallet, but of course - not before she saw what it was. She looked at it, looked at me... looked back at my wallet and looked back at me. She folded her arms and had a very "deep thought" look on her face and then proclaimed "You're the toothfairy! How did you get that note!?" I tried telling her that the toothfairy just left it for me, because it was such a nice note - but she simply wasn't buying it, and I really couldn't keep a straight face - nor could the bank lady. She said "No wonder, I didn't get any money on the nights that I lost teeth and you were already asleep! AND how do you do it? WHAT TIME do you get up in the middle of the night to do that???!!!" ROFL - it was very funny, the whole scene was quite comical and amusing. Oh well - it had to come out sooner or later I s'pose... hahh!
  • Sunday was another interesting little something... Alex came home from the neighbors house proclaiming that him and the neighbor girl are now "boyfriend and girlfriend" - WTH? lol! I said - what does that mean? hahh! She's a total cutie and really super sweet. But it's a riot. He spent the afternoon over there and now I guess they are "going out" or "dating" in whatever terms the kids are using now. So, this is his first official girlfriend, I guess we have to lay down some ground rules now. Lauren is not real happy about this whole turn because she is also a friend of Lauren's and she knows that now when she comes over, she'll be hanging with Alex and not Lauren - that's not a good thing. Well, we shall see how this all pans out. hmmmm.

Anyway, that's my weekend in a nutshell - hope you had a good one too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww....young love! How cute!

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP KELWHY AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.