Friday, April 30, 2010

Jellyfish in a Jar

So, my son is on a school trip in Atlanta. I sent him with $70.00. ($20.00 of that was his own and $50.00 was from mom and dad). He has to buy 2 lunches with that, and the rest of it is just for spending money. He's got a busy couple of days there - The Aquarium, the Coca-Cola company, Stone Mountain and Six-Flags. He has to buy lunch today at Stone mountain and lunch tomorrow at Six-Flags (we KNOW those are not cheap places to buy lunches at), and I guess - I just failed to mention that part to him. I just told him to be careful with his money and all that jazz.... so yeah - you guessed it, I talked to him last night and he has a whopping $23.00 left. I about freaked out. My first thought was that he was going to starve! hahh (over-protective mom, lol!) My little boy was going to starve away to nothing! ;) hah-hah! I said - What the heck did you spend all of your money on? He tells me he bought a super cool - JELLYFISH in a JAR - WTF? hahh - "it glows in the dark, mom!" I go off on this little rant about wasting his money, and how is he going to eat - and what the heck is he going to do with a jellyfish in a jar... and in this real quiet voice he says - "i was going to give it to you mom" - YEAH, right you were! God bless him - lil sweetheart. I felt bad last night, he's just having a good time and of course, he won't starve. I was just worried about him not having enough money for the rest of the trip and I just didn't express it enough to him before the trip. Well, if he runs out - he runs out. He'll still get breakfast and dinner - so he'll be fine, I'm sure. It certainly won't hurt him to skip a lunch! ;) Anyway, I hope he's having fun on his trip and he'll always be able to look back on his jellyfish in the jar and remember his ATL trip - Good times... good times... hmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! That's so sweet!

I did the same thing on my first class trip - someone will loan him money if he needs it.

T.J. said...

He'll be fine. Maybe he actually *was* going to give it to you.....

Oh, and what's up with only posting every 30 days?

I missed you.....

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP KELWHY AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.