Friday, October 16, 2009

My progress

So, I've had 3 weeks so far in my art class - I'm having a blast. I am really enjoying it so far. I have been posting my progress on facebook - so if you're on there, you can see my week to week progress there. If you're not on there, here's my latest and greatest. Well, maybe not greatest - but it is my latest! ;) In any case... Week 1, I did the line drawing, sketching him in and outlining where I was going to paint. Week 2, I painted the shirt and the shorts portion. This week I've started laying in the flesh tones to the painting. This has been the hardest part for me yet. I've never done this kind of painting - it's very time consuming, and slow going - but yet, I really am having fun with it. I am working with oil paints and it's been awhile for me since I've worked seriously with oils. I'm learning some new techniques and whatnot from the teacher and this is just absolutely WONDERFUL, so I'm actually growing as an artist as well - I'm just so excited about it all. Anyway, here we go - Here's my Week 3 progress - what do you think?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Where are you taking classes again?

Flesh tones are hard for everyone. Personally I like draw/paint people that aren't white b/c white skin is so hard :)

HoosierHerm said...

I'm Excited for You ! Love the work so far :-}

Kelwhy said...

I'm taking classes at the HSV art league - so far so good... i have class tonight - YAY!

T.J. said...

Looks great!!

I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Heather Rose said...

Bless all those who paint with oils. NOT.FOR.ME. I love acrylic and watercolor. I work fast, and all those oils to make the paint dry faster or slower? No, thank you. None for me.

Looking good, though!

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP KELWHY AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.