Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Hurricane survival...

So yes, this is a bit weird...we are bracing for Hurricane Ivan. No, I do not live anywhere near the beach, in fact, I live 300 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. But the projected path of Hurricane
Ivan
puts it heading straight to us here in good ole Huntsville. So we should start feeling some of his weather early tomorrow morning and we should get the brunt of it starting early Friday morning. Now, in advance of this, they have already - statewide - closed down all of the schools, there will be no school tomorrow. I've called my daycare, and so far they are staying open - but the possibility of flooding is pretty good. From the reports that I have seen, they expect anywhere from 6 - 12" of rain here on Friday. That's a lot of rain. I live about 5 miles north of the Tennessee River too, and if that floods bad, we could be in trouble. They say that by the time Ivan hits us, it will just be a tropical storm, so only winds of 50-60 mph. ONLY? hmmm...also, the possibility of tornados increases as well. This should be a very interesting couple of days here, very. So, I will be stopping at the store on my way home today to stock up
on water, propane and a few of the essentials like bread and beer. That's my plan anyway...OH! I need to get stuff to make some Hurricanes...what's in that again....??? Oh, here it is...

1 oz White Rum
1 oz Jamaican Rum
1 oz Bacardi
151 proof Rum
3 oz Orange Juice
with pulp
3 oz unsweetened Pineapple Juice

1/2 oz Grenadine
Crushed Ice

Give those a try. OK, well - just wanted to let y'all know about the excitement here...I'll keep you update...if we survive that is...

No comments:

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP KELWHY AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.