Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Tipping...

OK - so recently, as I've already posted, I've had my hair done. I went to my hair dresser to do this and he did an absolutely wonderful job, as far as I am concerned - I was thrilled with it! It was pretty expensive to have done, at least for me it was...but I didn't want to try and attempt this by myself and so therefore, it was worth it. It was $70.00 and then I tipped him $20.00 on top of that. I thought that was a pretty fair tip, if I could have afforded more I might have given him more. Anyway, after mentioning that here at work several people just flipped out! They said that is WAY TOO much to tip a hair dresser. So - I'm asking you...What do you think? What would you leave for a tip, if anything? Do you tip food servers the same as Hair dressers? Who else do you tip? Please leave a comment and let me know! I tip well....I think, at least I try to. If I had a $70.00 bill in a restaurant I would have left at least $20.00 as well...that's just me...former waitress/bartender....what do you think?

No comments:

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP KELWHY AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.